Delivered by Buddhism For Schools, this engaging and authentic virtual visit will teach pupils about: Mindfulness, Indian Vegetarian Food, Basic Theology, Henna Body Art and Buddhist Music.
Virtual Visit Details
This online workshop is fully interactive and structured so that pupils and teaching staff are encouraged to take part in all the learning activities. Based on their age, your class will enjoy activities from the list below:
• Discuss - what is the purpose of Buddhism?
• See a full display of a Buddhist temple and Deities as well as a home shrine
• Take part in a Mindfulness/Meditation activity
• Play a 'What am I and who am I?' game
• Learn how a lama (Buddhist monk) lives
• Listen to a Buddhist story
• Hear about the four noble truths and eightfold path
• Learn about Wesak festival
• Understand the importance of the Sacred Cow (non violence)
• See why vegetarianism is important to Buddhists
A live, interactive presentation followed by Q&A.
An introduction to Buddhism
*We pride ourselves on offering an affordable service - the majority of our visits cost around £2 per child (based on a class of 30).
Each call is priced based on one class dialling in, with discounted rates for additional classes joining the same call.
Please indicate the number of classes that will be joining your call.
We will provide you with a Zoom link for the call, unless you would prefer to provide a link yourself (MS Teams/Google Meet). Please indicate below.
Each term (just a few times a year we promise!) we send an email with relevant virtual visits to coincide with events like Black History Month, World Book Day and Science Week. If you'd be happy to receive this, please tick below.
Finally, we'd love to know if you/a colleague of yours has booked through us before.
Thank you - your booking request has been received. We will be in touch within 48h. Have a lovely day!
An error occurred. Please check the form and try again.