This intrepid explorer paved the way for all modern Antarctic expeditions. His story is one of resilience, teamwork and near-death experiences – your class will be gripped from start to finish.
Virtual Visit Details
In this virtual history workshop, Ernest will share:
• Getting a place on Captain Scott's team
• His devastating experience in Nimrod (the first Antarctic expedition he led)
• The 1914 mission in Endurance and the record he was trying to make
• His terrifying experiences: getting stuck in ice, preparing to die, sailing in a broken boat to get help, trekking for 36 hours...
• The rescue and medals he won when finally back home.
• And of course, his shipmate cat Mrs Chippy!
Ernest’s story has a super moral: his team failed their mission but they never gave up.
A live, interactive performance followed by Q&A.
*We pride ourselves on offering an affordable service - the majority of our visits cost around £2 per child (based on a class of 30).
Each call is priced based on one class dialling in, with discounted rates for additional classes joining the same call.
Please indicate the number of classes that will be joining your call.
Our speakers can dial in to Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet calls. What will you choose?
Each term (just a few times a year we promise!) we send an email with relevant virtual visits to coincide with events like Black History Month, World Book Day and Science Week. If you'd be happy to receive this, please tick below.
Finally, we'd love to know if you/a colleague of yours has booked through us before.
Thank you - your booking request has been received. We will be in touch within 48h. Have a lovely day!
An error occurred. Please check the form and try again.