Famed for his adventures finding new lands by sea, Christopher Columbus was a sailing extraordinaire! Although his most famous quest to 'go East' to Asia saw him arrive in the Caribbean!
Virtual Visit Details
This virtual history workshop is perfect for any class studying explorers. Your pupils will hear about:
• His life as a sailor at sea and the jobs onboard his mighty ship
• The spices and other riches he hoped to find on his famous voyage to Asia
• A catchy poem that helps you remember where, when and why he set sail to the East
• His discoveries when he arrived including capturing the people he found. It should be finders keepers... shouldn't it?
• The biggest shock of all... Columbus never even reached Asia, he went the wrong way!
It's a story of adventure and discovery, with a funny twist...
A live, interactive performance followed by Q&A.
*We pride ourselves on offering an affordable service - the majority of our visits cost around £2 per child (based on a class of 30).
Each call is priced based on one class dialling in, with discounted rates for additional classes joining the same call.
Please indicate the number of classes that will be joining your call.
We will provide you with a Zoom link for the call, unless you would prefer to provide a link yourself (MS Teams/Google Meet). Please indicate below.
Each term (just a few times a year we promise!) we send an email with relevant virtual visits to coincide with events like Black History Month, World Book Day and Science Week. If you'd be happy to receive this, please tick below.
Finally, we'd love to know if you/a colleague of yours has booked through us before.
Thank you - your booking request has been received. We will be in touch within 48h. Have a lovely day!
An error occurred. Please check the form and try again.