In 410 AD, the Saxons crossed the North Sea, naming ‘Angleland’ their home. They were fearsome warriors although their most famous leader – Alfred the Great – gained respect in other ways...
Virtual Visit Details
Your class will receive a video call from Alfred the Great, the most famous Saxon cyning (king) who ever lived. Sit up, listen and show your respects to the great leader as he tells you about:
• His childhood experiences (such as meeting the Pope) and how these have shaped his Christian beliefs
• The battle of Edington where Alfred defeated Guthrum in 878
• The Saxon kingdoms and why Wessex, is the greatest of them all
• How his son Edward’s love for fighting might ruin all of his peace-making to date...
• How art, music, story-telling and feasting make being king of the Anglo-Saxon’s the best job in the world!
A live, interactive performance followed by Q&A.
Anglo-Saxons - Alfred the Great
*We pride ourselves on offering an affordable service - the majority of our visits cost around £2 per child (based on a class of 30).
Each call is priced based on one class dialling in, with discounted rates for additional classes joining the same call.
Please indicate the number of classes that will be joining your call.
We will provide you with a Zoom link for the call, unless you would prefer to provide a link yourself (MS Teams/Google Meet). Please indicate below.
Each term (just a few times a year we promise!) we send an email with relevant virtual visits to coincide with events like Black History Month, World Book Day and Science Week. If you'd be happy to receive this, please tick below.
Finally, we'd love to know if you/a colleague of yours has booked through us before.
Thank you - your booking request has been received. We will be in touch within 48h. Have a lovely day!
An error occurred. Please check the form and try again.