Join Harkirat from The Sikh Education Service as he shows objects and discusses Sikh life in this introduction. Questions are welcomed from all and gently responded to in a personal manner.
Virtual Visit Details
Teachers are invited to choose up to 5 of topics below and Harkirat will tailor the session accordingly:
• Sikh Gurus
• The Panj Kakaars aka the 5k's
• Places of worship - the Gurdwara (door to the Guru)
• Langar - food for the body and mind
• Clothing - the Dastar (the Sikh Turban and crown)
• Music - the power of Gurbani
• Seva and Simran - two essential customs of a practising Sikh
• Celebrations - birth and death
• Living in acceptance (Hukam) and having a compassionate, loving and truthful experience
Please note: £50 of the proceeds of this virtual visit will go towards helping others.
An introduction to Sikhism
*We pride ourselves on offering an affordable service - the majority of our visits cost around £2 per child (based on a class of 30).
Each call is priced based on one class dialling in, with discounted rates for additional classes joining the same call.
Please indicate the number of classes that will be joining your call.
Our speakers can dial in to Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet calls. What will you choose?
Each term (just a few times a year we promise!) we send an email with relevant virtual visits to coincide with events like Black History Month, World Book Day and Science Week. If you'd be happy to receive this, please tick below.
Finally, we'd love to know if you/a colleague of yours has booked through us before.
Thank you - your booking request has been received. We will be in touch within 48h. Have a lovely day!
An error occurred. Please check the form and try again.